IIT Kanpur Campus Wiki
Welcome to the IIT Kanpur Campus Wiki. Please feel free to correct / edit / add articles to these pages!! Just create an account with your IITK CC id to get started!
The IITK campus occupies a 1055 acre area, 16 km from Kanpur city. Around 7000 students, 410 faculty, and 1000 staff members (and their families) stay on campus.
- Academics : Programs of study
- UG Curriculum | How to choose courses | HSS courses | ESO courses | Esc101 | TA102 | MTH101 | MTH102 | Registration | Add/Drop | Summer Semester| CS 300 | Data Mining : IME 672A
- ARC rules | Warning | Probation and Termination | Branch change | Converting to Masters | SUGC | SPGC | DOAA | Merit cum Means | Double Major
- Physical Education | NCC | NSS
- Academics : Research
- Cultural activities
- Environment | Nursery@IITK | Water on campus | Solar energy | Hostel solar Water Heating | Building environmental standards | Nilgai | Birds | Insects | Monitor Lizard | Snakes | Nawabganj | Lakh-Bahosi
- Family Life
- New students guide
- Places in IITK
- Hostels Halls 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, GH1, GH2 | Temporary Accommodation | SBRA | RA hostel
- Academic Area | Motwani Building | H.R. Kadim Diwan Building | Faculty Building | Environment Building
- Computer Center (CC) | Library | Western Labs | Internet Facilities
- LHC | New Lecture Hall | New Core Lab | CSE Labs | Cryogenics | Traffic on campus | Kanpur city Transportation | Ola Cabs Kanpur
- Main Auditorium | OAT | New SAC | Outreach | Old SAC |MT(Motor Transport) | Health Centre | Shopping Center | Hall 1 Shops | Printing on campus | Haircut
- Departments CSE | HSS | BSBE | EE | Design Programme
- Places near IITK | Bithoor | Z-square Mall | Rave 3 | Rave Moti | Tadka | Zoo | Shobhan Mandir | Ganga Barrage | Hookah | Kanpur Memorial Church | Nankari | Kalyanpur | Rawatpur | Gurdev Palace | Mandhana | Bara Sirohi | Ganga canal | Lodhar | Kursauli | Shivli | Panki | Lucknow | Agra | Khajuraho | Vrindavan
- Student Life
- Hostel Life | Campus Lingo | Skewed Sex Ratio | Freedom | Hall day | Gymkhana | DOSA | COW | Elections | Hall Council | Gymkhana President | Student Senate | Mess Comiittee | HEC
- Counselling Service | Orientation Program | Ragging | Student Guide | SG Selection | Academic Mentor
- Birthdays | Things to do when bored | Gaming Culture
- Inter Hall Competitions | Galaxy | Inferno | Intra-Hall sports
- Student Technical Activities
- Office Of International Relations:
To get started, you will first need to get a [[login. Just type in your CC ID and you will get a password by mail.
Please upload your views on any aspects of campus life that you feel others should know about. The topics marked red are of possible interest. You can either update / re-do any existing article, or create your own.
Articles should be informative to others, and should be correct. Wherever possible, give links and references. In particular, do not give personal opinions. You should try to be as specific as possible, and also cite links whenever you can.
For example, instead of saying "Food at the Hall x canteen is lousy" it may be better if you can say "The residents of Hall 8 in 2013 voted the Aloo Tikki at Hall x canteen as the worst dish on campus."
The wiki language is easy to learn. If you really need to, you can add HTML tags, e.g.
This is <span style="color:red">red</span> text. |2=This is red text.
Please add a "[[Category:...]]" tag at the bottom of any page you create or edit.
Try to cite links that support the points made, wherever possible. Feel free to quote interesting material, but cite all sources. Do not cut and paste without citation - that's plagiarism!!
History of this wiki
This wiki was started as part of the CS300 Technical Communications course in 2014. About a hundred students in this third-year course contributed articles as part of an assignment in the course. Satyajit Bhadange played a key role in setting up the wiki.
If you like this wiki, please publicize it on social media and by word of mouth! Feel free to share your edited pages with friends and family... encourage others to become editors ...
Help on Wiki editing
- User's Guide A comprehensive guide to start on wiki pages.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list