Things to do at IITK when bored
When you thought of what college was like when you were in high school, you likely didn't think about it being boring. Despite all the busyness and activity that takes place on a college campus, however, there can be times when things really do just get a way bit slow. So what can you do to help pass the time?
What to Do On Campus When You're Bored in College
- Walk to a new part of campus. If you need something to do, one of the best ways to find something exciting is to step outside and see what's going on. Put comfy shoes on, grab your phone/iPod, and head outside to somewhere on campus you've never been before. You just might stumble across a basketball game a few of your friends are playing in, a cool new part of campus where you can study, or even an art exhibit that piques your interest.
- Read something for fun. It may sound crazy given how much reading you do in college anyway, but think about it: When's the last time you read some trashy, gossip magazine just for fun? Or caught up on the latest news in your favorite sport? Head to the bookclub or bookstore and, for a few bucks, treat yourself to some fun, lazy, easy reading that you won't have to worry about taking notes on.
- Do homework in a new location. Alright, it admittedly sounds more boring than doing nothing, but would you rather have to do your homework when you're bored ... or when there are tons of fun, exciting things going on that you'll have to miss? Heading to a new location, too, can help make doing your homework, well, not feel quite so much like doing your homework.
- Hang out in your residence hall lobby. Your residence hall lobby might seem like a kinda boring place that you just pass through on the way to your room every day. But if you time it right, you can head down there, enjoy the extra space, perhaps watch a game on the TV, and meet some new people or hang out with ones you already know. It can be a nice way to do something new in a place that seems old and familiar.
- Watch a sports game on TV or the Internet. So, things on campus are a little slow and boring. Grab some friends, head to the dining hall, grab some snacks and drinks, and watch the game on TV or on your computer in your room. It might not be as exciting as watching the game in person, but it can be a great way to spruce up an afternoon -- especially if the weather outside is far from ideal.
- Call a high school friend. Things can get so busy in college that it can be difficult to keep in touch with your high school or hometown friends. When's the last time you had a nice, chit-chatty phone call with a friend you knew before you left for school? If you have some free time and are a little bored, use the break to your advantage and catch up with an old friend.
- Grab some friends and watch a movie online. If the weather is really bad but you just need something to do, grab some friends and stream a movie in someone's room. Even if it's a horrible movie, you'll have a fun time laughing.
- Play Counter-Strike with your friends. This game never gets old. Grab some friends, connect your laptops and start shooting each other and shout when somebody kills you.
- Do something creative. For students lucky enough to have a creative streak, the times to relax and make something just for fun usually come few and far between. Turn a boring afternoon into one of the rare times you can let your creativity flow without having to worry about whether or not you're meeting the requirements of your latest assignment.
- Crank up the music and organize your life. Does it sound lame? Admittedly, it kinda does. But having a boring afternoon can be a great time to do all the things you don't want to do but actually need to get done. Clean up your room, organize your paperwork, make sure your calendar/time management system is up to date, and generally get your to-do list done. It might be boring while you're doing it, but cranking up the music (or watching a movie) can help make things go faster -- and the way you'll feel when everything is all done will be well worth it.
- Try new things, start watching anime, visit the well between the road hall 3, and hall 7, go on walking on the Air Strip road.