Main Auditorium is a 1200-seating capacity live performance venue, located in IIT Kanpur. It is best known for hosting cultural and technical events held in the campus. It is owned and operated by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
The auditorium has 2 floors with ground floor with a capacity of 900 and terrace floor with another 300 seats. The auditorium is centrally air-conditioned. It has a ground in front of it which hosts a plethora of events duing Antaragni and Techkriti.
The auditorium first opened under the name of Main Auditorium in ..... It was built by ..... It took ..... years to complete the structure, which was designed by ......... The stage has been replaced twice due to damage incurred by overload. Template:Citation needed
- IIT Kanpur celebrated its Golden Jubilee on 6th March, 2010 which was marked by burial of a time capsule deep in the ground by the honorable President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil in the presence of several other dignitaries.
- Antaragni, the cultural festival of IIT Kanpur hosts several events including Mridaksh, Rithambara, India Haat, Jitterbug and Synchronicity in the Auditorium. The opening ceremony of the festival is also hosted in the auditorium grounds.
- Dance Extravaganza, organized by Dance Club in January every year.
- Workshops and talks held during Techkriti, are also organized in the auditorium. Notable ones includes:
- Independence Day was celebrated in the Auditorium grounds in 2012.
- Orientation Program, organized by Counselling Service for the freshers are also held in the Auditorium.
- E-summit, annual flagship event organized by Entrepreneurship Cell effectuated with the intention to foster entrepreneurial initiatives and activities in the campus happens in the Auditorium with the current year's event successfully accomplished from 22-24 August, 2014.
- Convocation of passing batches is commemorated in the auditorium in end June-early July every year.
- Occasional movie screening also happens in the auditorium, specially for the freshers.
- The auditorium can also be booked for seminars, conferences and workshops.