Bus Services @IIT Kanpur
Need for Bus Service:
IIT kanpur is nearly 16 km far from Kanpur city. So there is a need for incorporating bus service from the campus to important parts of the city like railway station, Bus Stand,Naveen Market,Rawatpur,..etc.
About bus services
About bus services: As per the needs Bus services provides a very good services to the employees who wish to stay outside the campus on reach campus on time. It is best means of transport when it comes to the case of traveling single to and fro from the campus. It also provides services for the freshers who wish to reach the campus from railway station safely without facing any difficulty.During fests, this bus service is very handy for large contigents to reach campus. This is very economic and affordable for all sections of the campus community. There is also a bus tracking system where you can locate the bus sitting in your room.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Rawatpur, Gumti, Bus Station, Railway Station.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Rawatpur, Parade, Bada Chauraha, LIC, Railway Station.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Rawatpur, Parade, Bada Chauraha, LIC.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Nawab Ganj, Company Bag, Rave 3, VIP Road, LIC.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Double Pulia, Vijay Nagar, CTI, Dabouli/Ratan Lal Nagar.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Devki Talkies, JK Temple, Govind Nagar, Kidwai Nagar.
- IITK, Kalyanpur, Gurudev Palace, Rawatpur, Gumti, Bus Station, Ram Devi.
The complete bus schedule can be looked at "http://www.iitk.ac.in/new/bus-schedule"
Cost of travel:
Transport by this means is the cheapest one can get at IITK. They charge only Rs 20/- per person to travel from railway station to campus where the auto charges are around Rs 220/- for the same. This is more economic when travelling in a large number Example: going for wing treat with the whole wing of nearly 20 members.
Incampus bus services:
As of now there is no incampus bus service at IITK. There is a large need for this service as some of the newly constructed halls are quite far from acadamic area as it is difficult for the student to attend classes on time.