With an objective to give you an opportunity to experience the sport of swimming and water polo, the swim centre offers excellent pool facilities , trained coaches and lifeguards to put you through the swimming program.It is very well-maintained and has all the good quality standard amneties and equipments.
The Pool provides you an ideal environment to cool off after a hectic day of classes and labs. Coach,V.R.Vadi, guides you through the learning process. He knows how to teach you swimming and the enthusiasm of the institute team inspires you to learn. Moreover, the fun part of it is that you have the support of enthusiastic institute swimmers and water polo players.
Welcome to swimming pool IIT kanpur
IIT Kanpur boasts of an Olympic-size 8-lane Swimming pool. The pool 50 meter long and 20 meter wide is located in the southern part of the campus. Swimming Pool is an Institute Community Facility.In addition to providing excellent facilities to the Institute Aquatics Team, the court remains open for all who wish to enjoy the sport from morning 5:00 A.M. to 7 P.M. in the night.
Mr.Vivek Vadi , who puts in his best efforts to train enthusiasts into becoming masters of the game.
Who can be a member
Swimming pool membership is open only to the following people..
- IIT Kanpur employees/retired employees and their dependent wards
- Employees of campus organizations (Post Office, State Bank of India, Union Bank of India, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Police Outpost,etc.) officially allowed to stay on campus and their dependent wards
- Bonafide students of the Institute and their families.
- Alumni and their families
Anyone other than the above mentioned will be treated as an outsider and will not be entitled to become member of swimming pool.
How to become a member
Fill up the application form and submit it along with a photograph at the summing pool office between 4:00 P.M. and 7:45 P.M. on all swimming pool working days."For verification of authenticity of the applicant, official records like Identity card or health center booklet, etc should be produced at the time of submitting the application form."
- Registered students of IITK/Children of employees & Students-300/- per month.
- Employees of Inst. & campus org. / Project staff/ Dependent of *Employees & Students 480/- per month .
- IITK Alumni & their dependents(Adult) 800/- per month.
- IITK Alumni (Child) 500/- per month
- Retired Employees of IITK (Husband & Wife only) 300/- per month.
- Relatives of IITK Employees (Adult) 800/- per month.
- Relatives of IITK Employees (Child) 600/- per month.
- Daily guest charges-70 RS per slot.
Rules and Guidlines
The timings for visiting the pool has been divided into a total of 8 slots. There are 3 slots in the morning hours and 5 slots in the evening hours. First 7 of these slots are of 45 minutes each, while the last slot, which is meant for the practice of the institute aquatics team, is of 1 hr 20 mins. Those eligble do have a few different types of subscription options. He/she can either take a monthly or seasonal subscription of any one particular slot. Also there is an option to subscribe for a 15 number of slots, which subscriber can use all throughout the season, during any slot-time, but at double the normal rate.
1. 5:30 A.M. to 6:15 A.M.(I):-open to all.
2. 6:30 A.M. to 7:15 A.M.(II):-open to all.
3. 7:30 A.M. to 8:15 A.M.(II):-open to all.
1. 3:30 P.M. - 4:15 P.M.(I):-open to all.
2. 4:30 P.M. - 5:15 P.M.(II):-open to all.
3. 5:30 P.M. - 6:15 P.M. (III):-For students, staff and faculty (Children accompanied by a parent who is also a member of this slot are allowed)
4. 6:00 P.M. - 7:15 P.M.(IV):-For faculty, staff, married students & their families & girl students (Boys above 12 years are not allowed)
5. Swimming pool will be reserved for Institute aquatic team and CPA swimming students from 7:20 pm - 8:55 pm.
For all the swimming enthusiasts, Games and Sports Council organizes Summer Sports Camp for various sports including aquatics. The camp usually lasts 40 days starting in the first week of May and concludes by the 3rd week of June.It is a great opportunity for those who wish to learn the sport from scratch.
- All Sundays (Weekly Off)
- 15th August -----Independence Day
- 02nd October -----Gandhi Jayanti